I wrote a simple plugin function to the main script to load or rather source another shell script. The plugins work by creating a placeholder to use in the templates. So to use a plugin, you have to manually add it's placeholder to the template. The cool thing about this is that it allows a lot of control in the template, but the downside is that you have to know what to add to the template to make it work.
I know it's not much of a framework, but I found it so easy to write plugins that I just kept on making more of them. So far I made plugins that create a calendar with links to days with entries, generate a list of some older entries and one that reports on the blog's statistics. I can't think of a better way to make the plugins work without writing a lot of new code. Anyways, I was hoping to make another release, but it looks like there's a lot of decisions to be made before I can make anykind of sane release.
If you really, really want to comment, please mail email@example.com