Fri Jun 20 03:04:19 EDT 2003

Building a decent archive database ...

Well, I'm not quite there yet, but I feel I've made many strides in the right direction. Basically moving away from the old code that managed all the entries and archiving. I've added controls to manipulate how many entries get displayed on the main page. I rewrote a lot of chunks of code, renamed and shuffled some files. All entries are now stored under a subdirectory called "archives" and are named by their own time-stamps. The biggest problem I'm facing now (other than my obsolete use of tabs :) , is that all my archives are left in raw text. I'm tempted to add a subdirectory under archives, called "html" and just throw HTML formatted archives there, but it would double the amount of processing, that NanoBlogger's already doing.

Posted by n1xt3r | Permanent link | File under: developer-notes | Comments: (0)


Comments are closed

If you really, really want to comment, please mail